Just two years ago I blogged about my search for the perfect smart phone. I thought I found it in my Moto Q, but that turned out to be a frustrating move. During the 24 months I used it, it was a constant battle to keep it charged and to navigate through the Microsoft OS. As a result, I chose not to make a full move into the mobile world.
I recently broke down and accepted an iPhone as a early Christmas present from my husband. My entire family has been upset in their inability to reach me by phone when I had the Moto. Now I’m ready to proclaim that I’ve GONE MOBILE !! I love my iPhone. I use it not only for phone calls but also for messaging, web searching, game playing and photography. As for the apps, I’m like a kid in a chocolate factory. Here are some of my favorites:
1. Scanner Pro – I can point at a document, book page or photo and get a digital scan of it. I convert it into a .pdf and then e-mail it to myself.
2. Red Laser – So handy while Christmas shopping. I hold my iPhone up to a product barcode and it grabs it and searches online to see prices at other stores.
3. Sit or Squat – Helps me find the closest public restroom, no matter where I happen to be.
4. My social networking apps for Facebook, Flickr and Twitter. Now I can post and read my updates remotely.
5. Dropbox – I’m so glad there is an iPhone app for this service. I can sync my documents in my various computers seamlessly.
My list of apps grows each day as I find more and more programs that allow me to function better in a mobile world. At the top of my projects for the new year is to make a mobile version of our Library’s web page. I am a true convert after two long two-year struggle.
Entry filed under: Personal Favorites.